toolbar powered by Conduit

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Unblocking websites via proxy

I have seen most people fed up while surfing at school or work. They end up with most of the sites that are blocked. An easy solution for this is to go to some proxy sites and access the URLs via them. Some of these sites being RockTheProx, Freeking .

But every time you need to access a blocked site you need to go through these sites. I will show you another way by which you can access the blocked sites through firefox without every time going to these sites. Just follow the simple steps below.

  1. Go to Xroxy proxy list and get yourself one proxy (preferably in a country close to you) and copy the IP and port. (Note: This works for Mozilla Firefox only)
  2. In firefox, Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Settings and set it to “manual proxy configuration”. Copy the IP in the first slot and after that copy the port number. (Note: All of them does not work perfectly so you might have to try a few of them until you get a good one).
You should now be able to open the blocked site through firefox.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

You have done a very nice job.I learn form your blog What is VPN and also come to know about the way to unblock the website through the proxy. Thanks for this great post.

UX Design Company Gurgaon said...


Very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

App Development Company Gurgaon said...

I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important info’s. I’d like to see more posts like this.